Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Ignorance Behind "I'll Sleep When I Die"

I've been wanting to do a post about the phrase "I'll Sleep When I Die" for quite awhile now. THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER!!!!!!! I think it has come to the point that people say it just to be cool. Well I hope you're real cool (pun intended) when you're lying in the morgue with a death file that says, "Died from lack of sleep." What are you doing that requires you to miss out on sleep?!?!?! You must need to get a new "hustle." Yes I understand that some things do require staying up late at night, but is that necessary all the time? 


Lack of sleep will cause death so eventually your "I'll sleep when I die" statement will come true. It can also cause heart disease, diabetes, mess up your immune system, and many other problems. Not to mention your life expectancy is shortened.  You won't be able to focus while at work or on the road. Now you are involving others. You decided to stay up the past 3 days because you're trying to become the next best rapper, then all of a sudden you're sleep at the wheel of your car, run into a van carrying a family that's going out to celebrate a birthday and the parents are killed.


WAKE UP!!!!!! Listen to your body folks! It talks to you and tells you what it needs. My body tells me when I'm not drinking enough water or when I need to just sit my butt down and chill out. So while you're up all night doing whatever you do, I'll be in my bed dreaming about my fairy tale life and how I plan to live to be 114 years old.

Live.Love.Laugh.Sing.Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment