Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy National Donate Your Hair Day

The day has finally come!!!!! This afternoon, I get to donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths Program. When I cut my hair 2 years ago, I said that I wouldn't cut it again until it was long enough to donate. I have reached that goal! I'm so excited that I could barely sleep last night.

I'm doing this because there are so many people battling cancer and I just want to do what I can to hopefully put a smile on their faces. I have had many people close to me be diagnosed with cancer. People from my dad to my grandmother to my brother's Godmother (that I think of as another aunt) to one of my best friends. I'm doing this for them. I'm doing this for all of the people that come into the pharmacy daily that are suffering or have suffered from cancer.

Donating my hair is not the cure to this awful disease, but it may be the cure to making a woman that has lost her hair feel better about her appearance. God has blessed me with some pretty amazing hair if I must say so myself. It is now time for me to pass on that blessing. When I found out Granny had lymphoma, I told her that if she lost her hair, I would shave my head bald in support. She told me I couldn't, but I would have any way. Luckily, she was fortunate and didn't lose any hair while going through chemo. Some women are not as fortunate and that's why National Donate Your Hair Day is so important to me.

bye bye hair!
Live.Love.Laugh.Sing.Dance.

1 comment:

  1. definitely commendable I battled lymphoma myself in 2005 (victorious) unfortunately the day after thanksgiving I just lost brother at age 47 to stomach cancer and what your doing in an area like Atlanta where most women have adopted wearing other ppl hair when they don't have to U GO GIRL

    ReplyDelete